A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
DARK TRAIN is an oppressive steampunk 2D adventure made of paper. Assume the role of mechanical squid Ann 2.35f that is tied to a railroad tamagotchi and deliver the mysterious order for the deceased D. W. Tagrezbung, famous inventor from the Border City.
- controls - dynamic, no point-n-click
- narration - strong, non-textual, situational
- atmosphere - dark, oppressive
- exploration - non-casual
- audiovisuals - paper-made
- no hints, no help - solve it
If you’re a gamer who loves to explore for the sake of the journey with little concern for the destination, then you should be delighted by Dark Train.
Just Adventure – 90 %
Dark Train has broken the mold when it comes to puzzle games and created a very dark and engaging experience, despite not having a storyline. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a puzzle game that does not hold your hand.
Game Grin – 90 %
Dark Train can be highly praised for its ingenious design that offers players a new found sense of discovery that won’t be easily forgotten anytime soon.
Brash Games – 80 %
|Published||Jun 17, 2017|
|Release date||Mar 08, 2017|
|Tags||2D, artgame, Atmospheric, Dark, Dark Fantasy, Exploration, Sci-fi, Steampunk|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Languages||Czech, German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, IndieDB, Paperash Store|
|Mentions||itch.io year in review 2017|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Dark Train – New Price $9.995 days ago
- Pour Féliciter 2018! 💙21 days ago
- Dark Train – Winter Update & 80% Sale22 days ago
- Dark Train for FREE – One Year Anniversary & valuable experience with scammers86 days ago
- How we created Czech Art Game of Year │ Making of Dark Train VisualSep 22, 2017